Wednesday, April 15, 2009

zucchini garlic soup







Tonight's *very* tasty soup was zucchini garlic soup. Here is the recipe I used as my guide, from the folks at the wonderful apartmenttherapy.com. As I type this, I'm slurping up 'thirds' it was so good. In my version I substituted a cup of thawed frozen shelled edamame in place of one of the zucchinis, for some added protein (apparently very important for my jaw healing process). I didn't peel the zucchini, because I didn't want to take the time to, and because I wanted the color and the fiber. I also used all veggie stock, a handful of chopped fresh chives (because I had them) and 10 cloves of garlic (yes, 10). Oh- and I forgot to add the ginger initially, but just added some to my 'thirds', and liked the dimension it added, but in no way think it is essential. Anyhow, when zucchinis are in their peak season this summer, I will definitely be making this again! The only thing I'd change is I think I'll try and use white pepper. Fancy, I know, but I think white pepper would make this soup just a little prettier. I have whole white pepper now that I almost used, but I need to get it its own little mini grinder. I'll be on the lookout for one.

No comments: