Tuesday, April 7, 2009

guest chef Lina!




Tonight, my friend Lina came over and cooked me 2 delicious soups to stock my 'fridge and freezer with. One was a mushroom soup, made with the most beautiful trumpet mushrooms from Sunday's farmer's market, together with some organic 'baby bella' mushrooms (see bottom photo). The other was a seafood coconut thai inspired soup (see middle 2 photos). Lina is a wonderful cook who can just throw things together and have them turn out perfectly, so unfortunately I'm not able to provide recipes or detailed instructions here. But I can tell you that both were absolutely stunning. Since Lina was cooking up some particularly delicious (through a straw) food, I decided to break out one of my particularly delicious wines- a Medlock Ames Sauvignon Blanc. Medlock Ames is one of my favorite wineries, both to visit and to drink. They grow beautiful organic grapes, and have goats "mow" in between vines. If you ever have the chance to taste one of their wines, take it. They are great eco-friendly folks, and make wonderful taste-friendly wines!

No comments: