Sunday, April 12, 2009

easter (green) smoothie

Today's (green) smoothie was a new combination: spinach, a little frozen banana, frozen cherries, a little soy milk, a little berry juice, a dash of blue agave syrup, and the usual scoop of vanilla soy protein powder and scoop of fiber powder. It was really good, but I think next time I'll use chocolate protein powder, no bananas, and chocolate soy milk for a chocolate covered cherry inspired beverage. I'll let you know how it works out.

I want to give a special shout out to the soy milk I swear by. Trader Joe's 'Soy Essential' is the best I've found in terms of taste and nutritional value (see above). I love that it's unsweetened, and has all of the nutrients so important for those of us who don't eat meat and who eat limited or no dairy. And for under $2 a box it is a great value. Also, for those of you who have not yet discovered the wonders of agave syrup, it is a wonderful 'raw' low-gyclemic index sweetener. Great in baking, or to sweeten up your smoothies just a little bit. Happy Easter!

No comments: