Thursday, April 9, 2009

a milkshake for dinner



So for all of my friends who keep telling me to try and gain a couple of pounds back, tonight's dinner was a milkshake from Gifford's! Gifford's has apparently been making ice cream and candy in the Washington area since 1938, and they sure know how to make it. I asked the ladies behind the counter to make the milkshake on the 'milky' side for me, to be sure I could drink it through the straw. They were super-friendly, and kindly obliged. I ordered a whole-milk milkshake with 2 scoops of chocolate, and one scoop of coffee. It was delicious (but no, not particularly nutritious). But, I guess plenty of calcium is something I need for my jaw healing, and I think I probably got a good dose with 'dinner' tonight. Karen, Juile and I went after seeing "The Reader" at E St. Cinema. It was a good night!

No comments: