Monday, April 6, 2009

blended cornbread- who knew it could be so tasty


Tonight my friends Julie, Cephas and Karen had me over to their great house in Columbia Heights for a delicious, nutritious dinner (through a straw). Cephas made a wonderful cream of cauliflower soup, and some excellent cornbread. What- cornbread!? you say. Yes, I had cornbread with my dinner. And folks, let me tell you, you would be surprised at how tasty liquid cornbread is. We put a peice of cast iron pan cooked cornbread (well, a few pieces actually, by the time the evening was done) in a blender with some milk, and pureed until sufficiently liquid. Cephas then heated it back up a little, and I had it with a straw along side of my soup. It made for a really delicious side. I also had a nice sauvigon blanc with the meal. The only item not captured by photo was the excellent fresh strawberry smoothies. Cephas blended fresh strawberries with vanilla frozen yougurt and a little guava juice concentrate. A perfect end to a very tasty meal with friends.

No comments: