Saturday, April 18, 2009

a beautiful day in Andersonville, Chicago

Before law school, I lived on the boarder of the Uptown and Andersonville neighborhoods in Chicago. My maternal grandmother's maiden name is "Anderson" and I've always loved the neighborhood both for our common Sweedish heritage, and for what it has evolved into. A rather ecletic mix urban wonder. I returned yesterday, and had a great day.

A highlight was sitting outside the wonderful Kopi Cafe on Clarke St., at a little table that was part in the shade, and part in the sun. I had a big bowl of miso broth, and a large green tea 'shake.' I was wearing sandals, and the sun was warm. I read my book "Little Bee" in between the sips from my straw. It was one of those perfect spring afternoon moments...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you spent your Friday this way.

-strassi