Monday, April 13, 2009

quinoa corn chowder

Tonight's dinner is some leftover soup I had in the freezer from a few months back. It's a delicious vegan Quinoa Corn Chowder.


I made it without the potatoes, both because back when I cooked it I was watching my carbs, and also because I just don't love potatoes. I also think I added some cumin. As you will see if you click the link, the recipe I used as my guide is from www.fatfreevegan.com. Don't be scared by the name- she has lots of really great recipes and you should definitely check her out! (However, I must say this recipe also looks really tasty, although I'd make it with my trusty TJ's soy milk. ) Anyhow, I thawed the leftovers and threw them in the blender with some fresh cilantro (from Sunday's farmer market, stored washed, in a plastic bag in the fridge wrapped in a damp paper towel- the best!), and it made for a very tasty dinner!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this looks delicious- im not a soup fan but definitely youve inspired my recent smoothie creations!