Friday, April 10, 2009

everlasting life

Today I went to Everlasting Life for the first time. It's a 'soul vegan gourmet' restaurant and juice bar in Columbia Heights on Georgia Ave. I use the term "restaurant" lightly here, as it's really just a counter in the back of a restaurant that is under construction. At the suggestion of my friend Ryan who I went with, I opted for the "almond joy" smoothie, and man was it tasty! It is made with raw almonds, vanilla soymilk, cinnamon, and a little coconut milk. The expert Ryan says it's usually made with almond milk, so I think when I give it a go at home, I'll use almond milk. They also had an assortment of pretty delicious looking vegan food, that I think I might go back for when I can chew again. It was a beautiful day in DC, so after our tasty smoothies we went for a short walk in Rock Creek Park, as I still don't have my normal enegy level back. Argh. But it's the weekend! Happy Passover and Easter, folks.

No comments: