Tuesday, April 28, 2009

soupergirl (and i'm not talking about me...)

Recently a friend handed me a soupergirl postcard and told me I should give one of her soups a try during this little liquid adventure I'm on. So last week I placed my order for a quart of (I can't remember the exact name...) sweet potato/coconut/peanut soup.

Soupergirl is a local woman who makes fresh soups each week, and you can either pick them up at a location here in DC, or have them delivered (heck- even with brownies if you want- vegan or regular!) right to your door, for a small fee. Myself, being a rather fee adverse person- small or otherwise- opted for the pickup. So today on my way home, I stopped in Greater Goods and picked up my quart of soup. By the time I got home I was famished, and heated up half of the soup, and put the other half in a container for tomorrow's lunch or dinner. I have to say, it was pretty tasty (but slightly under-salted, which is fine b/c it's easy to add a little salt, but also a little too much OJ, which was not so great). I still love cooking soup, and think I prefer my own homemade soups, but for those of you who want delicious, fresh, local soup, and don't want to go to the trouble yourself, I think soupergirl is a great option! If you live in DC, definitely give her a try.

No comments: