Wednesday, May 13, 2009

vinoteca (no straw required!)

I have some exciting news to share, folks. My mouth is no longer wired shut! That's right- no straw required! I got the wires removed on Monday, but let me tell you, it was the most painful experience of my life. Most. Ever. Really. Torture. Anyhow, they are off and that is wonderful. But my jaw/mouth is still quite sore, and I still have a long road of healing ahead. AND I was told I could still only have pureed foods for 2 more weeks, and then only soft foods for awhile after that. Tonight Katie and I stopped by Vinoteca on our ways home from work, and I ended up having quite the delectable little 3 part meal. First I had a bowl of chilled corn chowder, but then when I saw grits on the menu listed with an entree, I begged for just a small side of grits. And then not only did they bring me a *really* yummy side of grits, but as an added bonus they brought me some pureed carrots- sweet!(pardon the photo- I didn't have my camera, only my cell phone) And I felt obliged to of course have a little wine too, being that I was at a wine bar and all... As an added bonus, all of this was outside, which was particularly nice given the beautiful weather.

So cheers to a mouth no longer wired shut, and cheers to healing.

No comments: