Sunday, May 10, 2009

flagelot bean and leek soup (still cooking)

And now, finally, I'm ready to discuss today. Today I'm making a flageolet bean and leek soup from Deborah Madison's really wonderful cookbook, Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone (thanks, Molly!). Flageloet beans can be hard to come by in the U.S., so try and remember to pick some up the next time you are in Canada. They have a nice mellow flavor, and the most beautiful light green color. A friend gave these to me, and I got the leeks from yesterday's farmer's market. I also made homemade basic veggie stock using the method in Madison's book. The soup is still simmering, so I can't tell you how it tastes yet, but it sure smells awfully good.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Hi there,

This soup sounds delicious! For your information, we are a small family farm in Sonoma County, California and we grow flageolet beans!!! We can ship them to you. Our website is www.tierravegetables.com
Thanks for the recipe and hope you look us up!

Evie